Thursday, February 12, 2009

It seems that not everyone shares my love of candles but many people do.




It seems that not everyone shares my love of candles, but many people do. Those of us who love them find great comfort in them. Watching the dancing flames in my living room on a cold winter day is just the ultimate. I enjoy every minute of it. Candles provide a warm and cozy atmosphere that nothing else can duplicate.

I was invited to dinner recently by an acquaintance. I do not know her well, so I am unaware of her likes and dislikes. I walked into her home and there was candlelight everywhere! It was great. She burns more candles than I do! The ambiance was cozy and inviting, and I enjoyed myself immensely. Of course, the candles were not the ONLY reason for the warm atmosphere. This lady is a very warm and approachable person anyway, but the house full of candles was a real treat.

The love of candles is the reason that so many people go into the business. They want to share their candle passion with others and make money at the same time. If candles are important to you, consider selling them. There are companies who will train you and guide you every step of the way. In researching them, keep the following things in mind:

• Look for a company whose monthly auto-ship is reasonable. ($50 or less)
• Make sure the start-up kit is reasonably priced. The high-dollar ones are not necessarily superior.
• Order the product before you join. If you love the product, you should easily make sales.
• There should be no quotas to meet, and no pressure to make sales.
• Check out the company’s reputation, and that of their leadership. It should be impeccable.
• Look for companies who offer various methods to make sales. You do not want to join a “home party” company if home parties are not your thing.

Take these things into consideration if you want a home candle business. It is important that you make a wise decision from the beginning. Otherwise, you may find yourself associated with a company and products that you hesitate to recommend to others. If that happens, your sales will suffer.

Good luck in whatever you do. I am rooting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment